Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Not so much swimming, more just playing around and splashing...

I realized today how much fun swimming was. I haven't really given it a fair shot in the past as an alternative workout, mainly because I am a terrible swimmer. I just sort of flail and splash.
But I realized I needed an alternative low impact exercise that was not running, or cycling. So I thought I'd try my hand a swimming.
I biked to the Slc after my run this morning so I could swim at their big pool. I ran into Alexa there, which was swim with another future BUXC-er. I seriously had the time of my life! I did big circles around the pool (because the lanes were all full). It ended up being more of a workout because the lazy river has a good current to swin and water jog against. For my whole workout I was smiling and giggling to myself (when i'd slip from jogging). I really felt like a little kid, just goofing around. I was sad when my time was up.
I wanted to splash around in the water some more in the afternoon....so much for trying to make today a light workout day. =)



ps. the moon is super bright and gorgeous
oh, also when I picked up Buddy at one point today, she was so tired she snuggled up in my arms and fell asleep....it was extremely adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment