
Saturday was my first double digit run ever! I am so proud of myself, actually I have never been prouder of myself.
The run itself was fantastic! 5:30 in the morning, 55 degrees, rain...perfect running weather.
My history of running:
The first 9 years of my life it was something I did during playing, or as a mode of transportation.
The next 6 years it was something I did because my parents and cross country and track coaches made me.
The next 5 years it was something that was part of soccer practice and games. But normally I avoided doing at all costs, or tried it on the rare occasion.
The past few months I have been determined through countless side cramps, leg cramps, charlie horses, and breathless workouts to try my hardest for once to be decent at running. This was one of the few things in my life I have always wanted to be good at but never have. I was so determined to be good at. I have worked hard at it, and now I am somewhat decent.
Now I am at the point, only crazy people like my brother are at, where I enjoy it. My body was so tired and sore from the 10 miles, but yesterday something deep down in me wanted to run again. Today all I could think about was getting out of class so I could go for a run.
...something is wrong with me, I am starting to become that crazy runner type. I can say I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment