Friday, August 13, 2010

Hiking








There is this great park by us called Del Valle. It's got a great hike, and a lake which is usually pretty warm.
We started going up there when I was in 7th grade because we could take Toby there and he didn't have to be on his leash. He would run all over the hills, up and down, and chase the prairie dogs. It was fun to watch, since he never actually got tired. Now its a different story since he is a bit older. But my mom and I would go for hikes up there almost everyday when I was home schooled.
Now I like to go up there for a swim, or just to hike.
This particular time I went farther than I have ever gone. Usually I only do the same 45 min out and back, but I went an hour and a half out and back.
It was fun. Toby is good company. Although I will admit I was a bit scared of rattlesnakes and mountain lions.

No comments:

Post a Comment