
I have this dear friend named Jacob. He is super sweet, and silly, and very much fun to be around.
I haven't spent as much time with him this year as I did last year, and I'm a little dissapointed for that. Tonight I went to his new place to pick up some drawings and paintings, and ended up staying for a few hours. First we survayed the new apartment, thought of decorating ideas, explored the closests, etc... But this storm sort of blew up very quickly, and I suggested we go out on the balcony to look at the lighting. And boy, did we see some lightning!!
I have never seen such bright, colorful lightning, and such defined and long bolts of it! (even better than the night I drove out by myself to look at it) At one time a bolt snaked it way across the entire sky. It was so amazing.
I never realized how much I need Jacob in my life. He was one of my best friends last year, and this year I spent more time with Ben and Ryan. Who are total sweethearts. But they do a lot of the talking, and it can be hard for me to get a word in. Sometimes it's nice to just talk to Jacob, because he listens. And he has some good stories. But we talked about everything from rain and storms, to relationships, to painting. It was a good time. It wins my favorite night with Jacob of the whole year!
No comments:
Post a Comment