Before I came home for the summer I started praying and asking God to help me have patience with my parents, and help me be kind towards them. (it's very hard coming from total independence and going to very little independence. Fortunately, me and my parents have got along fine so far.
But instead of having me just deal with my parents, God decided to put a man in my life this summer who would help me learn patience. And if anyone knows me I can be rather impatient.
Edward is a very sweet, very friendly, old man who unfortunately had a very bad head accident and now is a bit slow, and it's hard for him to talk. Friday was the first day I worked with him. He spent a hour explaining how to make new patient files (something I have been doing for 6 years). I kept trying to say I already know how to do this, as polite as possible but he still just kept showing me. I got very annoyed and frustrated. On the car ride home Friday I was praying, and blowing off steam to God. When He told me working with Edward was how I was gonna learn patience. This is very true. I've worked with him everyday since, and I try and be as kind and as patient as I can. I now look forward to when he stops by to chat. I have heard people talk about Edward behind his back, and a lot of people at the office do not like him and think he is annoying because he is slow. I think the contrary, he is so sweet and encouraging and rather fun to talk to, even though the conversations take a while.
He always comes to see how I am doing during the day, and when he walks away he says "Yay team!".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment